Gabriel Kuhn, who was born in 1972 (exact date of his birth is unknown), is a Swedish Political Writer and Translator that has gained a lot of fan following on the internet because of the amount of work that they have carried out.
If you’re one of the many people that’s trying to know Gabriel Kuhn in a better way, you came to the right place because in this blog, we have listed down all the things that you need to know about him.
Who Is Gabriel Kuhn?
Gabriel Kuhn is a Swedish political writer and translator that was born in 1972. He became a straight edge and was extremely active in radical circles once he became a teenager. After his post-secondary studies in Austria and the United States of America, he started to live in the Middle EAst and the South Pacific Islands.
In the year 2005, Gabriel Kuhn started to live in Sweden. At the time that he went there, he held a PhD in philosophy and had a speciality in poststructuralism.
It is believed that his thinking was influenced by classical anarchism and Anglo-American Cultural Studies. They mainly focus on the political activity of Gabriel Kuhn, which has been bridging the gap between the theory and the practice itself.
Along with the political career that he has and the social involvement, Gabriel Kuhn has played soccer in a professional manner before.
In the year 2010, Gabriel Kuhn was forced to cancel a three-month speaking tour of the United States of America after he was denied authorization to travel by the authorities in the United States of America. Kuhn currently believes that he was placed on the “No Fly List” at the time of the incident.
For his political activities, Gabriel Kuhn has been politically active since 1989, and for his written work, he has been developing work directly towards left-wing activists and scholars. In the 1990s, he started working with TATBlatt, an Austrian Autonomis tJournal, and the Vienna anarchist publisher, Monte Verita.
Gabriel Kuhn is also the person who founded the AAP (Alpine Anarchist Productions) in the year 2000.
His annotated anthology of contemporary American anarchism, which was translated into the German language as Neuer Anarchismus in den USA. Seattle und die Folgen (2008), was named as the Book of the Year by Bibliothek der Freien.
Selected Bibliography Of Gabriel Kuhn
Here are some of the selected bibliography of Gabriel Kuhn:
- Women Pirates and the Politics of the Jolly Roger With Ulrike Klausmann und Marion Meinzerin. BlackRose, Montreal 1997
- Prison Round Trip by Klaus Viehmann. Translator. PM Press & Kersplebedeb, Oakland & Montreal 2009
- Life Under the Jolly Roger: Reflections on Golden Age Piracy PM Press, Oakland 2010
- Sober Living for the Revolution: Hardcore Punk, Straight Edge, and Radical Politics Editor. PM Press, Oakland 2010
- Revolution and Other Writings: A Political Reader by Gustav Landauer. Editor and translator. PM Press, Oakland 2010
- Liberating Society from the State and Other Writings: A Political Reader by Erich Mühsam. Editor and translator. PM Press, Oakland 2011
- Soccer vs. the State: Tackling Football and Radical Politics PM Press, Oakland 2011
- All Power to the Councils! A Documentary History of the German Revolution of 1918–1919. Editor and translator. PM Press, Oakland 2012
- Turning Money into Rebellion: The Unlikely Story of Denmark’s Revolutionary Bank Robbers Editor. PM Press & Kersplebedeb, Oakland & Montreal 2014
- Playing as if the World Mattered: An Illustrated History of Activism in Sports PM Press, Oakland 2015
- Antifascism, Sports, Sobriety: Forging a Militant Working-Class Culture. Selected Writings by Julius Deutsch. Editor and Translator. PM Press, Oakland 2017
- X: Straight Edge and Radical Sobriety. Editor. PM Press, Oakland 2019
- Liberating Sápmi: Indigenous Resistance in Europe’s Far North. PM Press, Oakland 2020
Summary – Gabriel Kuhn
Gabriel Kuhn, who was born in 1972, is a Swedish Political Writer and Translator. Not much is known about his personal life and all the information that we know about him, we have listed in the article that we have made above!
Do you think we missed out anything important about Gabriel Kuhn in the article that we made above about him? Let us know if we missed out anything about him by leaving a comment in the comments section below!