Is your triceps level starting to look a little boring? Then you need to start working your triceps to pump them up and get them looking and feeling insane! Doing skull crushers is perfect for anyone looking to target their triceps in order to build strong, powerful muscle. Here is a guide to doing skull crushers properly and effectively.
What are Skull Crushers?
Skull crushers, or lying triceps extensions, are a strength-training exercise used frequently by trainers and athletes alike. The exercise works the triceps muscle in the back of your arm, which is the muscle that gives your upper arms the bounce and definition. It also helps strengthen the elbow joint. To do the exercise, you use a flat or slightly inclined bench and a barbell or an EZ bar. You then use the bar to curl down to your neck, near your forehead, and then propel the bar back up to the starting position.
Benefits of Doing Skull Crushers
Doing skull crushers can provide both strength and definition to your triceps. It strengthens the elbow joint and helps to prevent any elbow injuries. It also increases muscle mass in your triceps, making them more pronounced. This can give your arms a more athletic look and also improve your performance in any lifting movements.
Performing Skull Crushers Safely and Effectively
When aiming to pump up your triceps with skull crushers, you want to perform the exercise correctly for maximum results. Here are some useful tips to get you started.
- Begin the exercise by lying down on a flat or slightly inclined bench.
- Make sure your back is flat on the bench and your feet remain planted firmly on the floor.
- Hold the barbell or EZ bar with an overhand grip.
- Press the barbell up towards the sky and then down towards your forehead.
- Breathe in as you push the barbell up.
- Breathe out as you bring the barbell back down.
- Make sure you keep your elbows pinned to your sides as you perform the exercise.
- Schedule two or three days a week to work on your triceps with skull crushers.
- Perform three sets of 8-12 reps for each triceps workout.
- Give your triceps 48-72 hours to recover after each session.
If you’re looking for a way to give your arms that extra definition that will make them look and feel more powerful, then you should definitely consider doing skull crushers. By following the tips outlined in this guide, you can stay safe while still getting the most out of your workouts. So, grab a barbell and give skull crushers a try. With regular repetition, you’ll be able to build insane triceps in no time!